Celebrity News

Cara Delevingne asked Princess Eugenie for permission about breaking Royal Wedding tradition | London Evening Standard

The model was praised for her bold look

Cara Delevingne asked Princess Eugenie for permission about breaking Royal Wedding tradition | London Evening Standard
Cara Delevingne asked Princess Eugenie for permission about breaking Royal Wedding traditionThe model was praised for her bold lookBold move: Cara Delevingne in a top hat for Princess Eugenie's big day EPA

Cara Delevingne broke royal wedding protocol after opting to wear a suit and top hat to Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's wedding.

The 26-year-old wowed spectators by stepping out in a skinny-fit slick black waistcoat and blazer, with cropped trousers and a top hat.

She tied the look together with a chunky grey tie and black stilettos.

She received mass support for making the “bold” move.

Boss: The model got permission before making the bold moveAFP/Getty Images

However, it appears Delevingne didn’t make the decision without clearing it with the bride beforehand.

She reportedly told Grazia: “I texted her, as I wasn’t sure about it, and she was like, ‘Of course, I expected nothing else from you!’

“I found it interesting how many people came up to me and said, ‘You’re so brave to wear that!’ I was like, really? I feel way more comfortable like this.”

Stunning: Princess Eugenie of York marries Jack Brooksbank at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle on October 12, 2018.Getty Images

At the time, Delevingne was hailed a “boss” for not wearing a dress.

She joined a host of other celebrities in attendance including, Demi Moore, Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell at the lavish ceremony in October.

Read More

Another 12,000 members of the public, who were selected by ballot listened to a live broadcast in the grounds of the castle.

The Queen's granddaughter married Mr Brooksbank, 32, in front of thousands of well-wishers in the same chapel where the Duke and Duchess of Sussex married earlier this year.