The fortunes of The Nightly Show have taken another hit, with Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins pulling out of their hosting slot.
The Bake Off duo had been lined up to present one week of ITV’s new late night show.
But now the pair have cancelled, coming after harsh criticism of The Late Show’s opening weeks.
Mel & Sue released a joint statement, citing their ‘busy schedule’ as the reason for their cancellation.
Allow Exco Player content
This content is provided by Exco Player and may use cookies or similar technologies. Please click 'Allow and Continue' below to load the content.
"We were approached to take part in the series however, due to our busy schedule we were unable to make the dates work,” they said.
“We do wish the team all the best with the remainder of the series.”
Speaking to the Radio Times, an ITV spokesperson said: “Mel and Sue were never signed to present The Nightly Show.
“The production team undertook discussions with them about the possibility of presenting a week but due to their hectic schedule this wasn’t possible.”
This week has seen John Bishop face criticism for his stint on the show, taking over from opening week host David Walliams.
Read More
The show has struggled in the overnight ratings, debuting with an impressive 2.8 million last Monday, but dropping to 1.16 million on Tuesday, March 7.
Future presenters are set to include Davina McCall, Dermot O’Leary, and Gordon Ramsay.

